Sri Lanka v Pakistan:
Sri Lanka batting first, failed miserably yet again putting only 208 on the board, no batters other than Tharanga converted their starts. Hasan Ali headed the bowling attack for Pakistan with five-fer. Pakistan chased the target with ease courtesy Imam-ul-Haq. The debutant was lucky few times, managed to score his maiden ton.
Here are the few stats from the match.
Pakistan won all their last 7 ODIs, while Sri Lanka lost 10 ODIs on the trot.
- Leading wicket-takers in ODIs in 2017:
Hasan Ali with 40 wickets tops the list now, England’s Liam Plunkett, Prodigy Rashid Khan ties with 36 wickets for the second place.
- Fastest Pakistani bowlers to 50 ODI wickets:
Hasan Ali achieved this feat in 24 matches, overtaking the legend Waqar Younis (27 matches)
- Three or more five-wicket hauls in a year by Pakistan bowlers:
Hasan Ali(3) moves to third place in the list that is topped by Akram. Afridi is at second.
He is the second Pakistan batsman to score a ton in debut.
South Africa v Bangladesh:
The weak visitors were matchless to South Africa’s massive 353. After 90 run opening stand; two quick wickets in a span of 4 balls allowed ABD to join Amla. After Amla’s departure, the comeback man let loose, banged all over the park, when everyone hoped for a chance of his 200, he got off Rubel Hossain on 176. Bangladesh on reply, except Kayes and Rahim the batting was a flop show. Here are few stats from the match.
- First time in his ODI career Rahim has scored 3 consecutive 50+ scores.
61 v India, 110* v SA, 60 v SA
- First time 5 175+ scores in a year.
185 Du Plessis, 180* Guptill, 179 Warner, 176* Lewis, 176 De Villiers
- Most ODI 100s completed in less than 70 balls
6 De Villiers, 4 Afridi, Sehwag
- 25 ODI centuries for De Villiers and he has a strike rate of 100+ in each of those.
- Innings for 200th ODI SIX:
195 – Afridi, 214 – De Villiers, 228 – B McCullum