Sri Lanka’s losing streak continues as they were defeated by Pakistan yet again in the series. Pakistan opted to bat first and both the teams were unchanged for the contest. Thanks to some good bowling from Sri Lanka as Pakistan lost early wickets and reduced to 76/5 before Shadab Khan joined Pakistan’s new Mr. consistent Babar Azam. Both shared 109 run Partnership taking Pakistan to 219.
Chasing 220 to win, Sri Lanka like their counterparts, lost early wickets but way too many. Captain Tharanga remained unbeaten at 122, was the lone warrior for the team. None except Vandersey added at least 20 and Sri Lanka were all-out for 187.
Bat first at Abu Dhabi!
35 out of 37 times(including this match) the team batting first, won the game.
Blazing Babar Azam!
– The 1st cricketer to score five successive tons in a country.
– Youngest to reach 7th ODI hundred.
– Most runs after 33 ODIs.
– From 30 September 2016 in ODIs, He has 7 tons while all other Pakistan batsmen combined have 3.
Unlucky Upul Tharanga:
– 1st Captain, 1st Sri Lankan, 11th player overall to ‘carry the bat’ in ODIs
– 2nd highest percentage of runs(59.89) scored in a completed innings in ODI for Sri Lanka.
Records to forget for Sri Lanka:
– Nine losses in a row for Sri Lanka
– Third lowest total in ODI to include a century.
Mighty Pakistan team:
-Hasn’t conceded a 250+ score in last 6 ODIs and won all the six.
– He bowled 1200th over in ODI today without a no-ball. That’s 7202 balls without overstepping.
Star Shadab Khan:
– 5th youngest player to score 50 and pick 2+ wickets in an ODI.
16th October marked the following!
Kapil Dev in test (1978)
Hardik Pandya in ODI (2016) and he was the Man of the Match for his 3 wickets.
Incidentally, Shadab Khan is adjusted Man of the match for an all-round performance of 52* and 3 wickets!