The first ODI witnessed the visitors being tamed by the matchless South Africa. After adding only 278 on a flat track, Bangladesh needed something big from their bowlers, who provided no help leaving the home side win by 10 wickets. Both the openers finished the task for the team with much ease.
Here are the few stats from the match!
– 22nd South African to play 100 ODIs.
– 3rd player to play 100 ODIs without featuring in a test, Rohit Sharma and Kieron Pollard are the other two.
3 on 3
– Bangladesh so far has won the toss on all the three occasions but lost all the three match-ups.
The Skipper Faf
This is the first official ODI featuring Faf du Plessis as the captain of South Africa.
– The first Bangladeshi batsman to score a century against South Africa.
– The fastest and only the 5th all-rounder to score 5000 runs and take 200 wickets(178 matches).
Rocking Quinton de Kock
– Joint second fastest to reach 13 ODI tons(86 innings). Amla is the fastest(83 innings).
– Fastest to score 26 tons(154 innings).
Amla & de Kock
– 3664 runs in 77 stands together, this is the most by any SA batters in ODI.
– 4 Instances of both scoring hundreds in the same ODI innings.
– The highest target(279) in ODI history to be chased down without losing any wicket.
– 282* is the 3rd highest partnership for the opening wicket in the ODIs.