Today’s result will play a crucial role for the teams in the race to the playoffs.
If KXIP wins today:
1. RCB will be eliminated from the tournament
2. KXIP will have a strong chance to make it to the playoffs, and if they win all the three matches, they even can finish in top two.
3. Mumbai Indians will have to win their two matches, and still, it will not be enough.
4. KKR and RR will remain in contention
If RCB wins today:
1. With this win, both RCB and KXIP will remain in the contention. If RCB wins all the matches, they have a chance.
2. KXIP can still finish on 16 points by winning their last two games. Even 14 points may be enough if other results go their way.
3. Mumbai Indians, if they win two matches, they can still make it to the playoffs because of their NRR.
4. SRH will finish in top two.